Last Updated: September 12, 2023
The Website is hosted in the United States and is a general audience website for use by adults age 18 or over. The Website is not designed or intended for use by persons under the age of 18.
If you reside outside the United States, please review the terms of the section below entitled "Visitors From Outside The United States—Cross-Border Transfer."
COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Individual Identifiers and Contact Information – such as information that You provide for the purpose of registering with the Website, creating an account, completing a warranty registration, or applying for credit as a Dealer (e.g., First Name, Last Name, Email Address, Phone Number, Mobile Phone Number, Mailing Address, Username, Passwords, tax identification number or social security number);
- Transaction Information – such as information submitted by You if You are an authorized Dealer in connection with processing transactions and payments, making payments, financial account information, credit/debit card information, order fulfillment and shipping, and similar transaction-related information;
- Commercial Information – such as information associated with Your activities on the Website, including search history and other information (e.g., product selection, preferences or specific interests, items or projects deleted, and any promotional information related to your session on the Website), and information You provide in connection with ordering and purchasing products or services;
- Computer, Internet and Network Activity Information – such as information We obtain from Your use of the Website (e.g., Your server log information, queries or searches, browsing history, internet protocol address, unique device identifiers, mobile network information, and cell phone location information);
- Other electronic information – such as information from communications with Us and other user-generated content submitted by You to Us through e-mail, chat, telephone, and social media channels; and
- Marketing and promotional information – such as information You provide for the purpose of enrolling or participating in any programs, promotions or contests offered by Minka.
- Directly from You. For example, the information You provide (or provided on Your behalf) directly to Us or to Our authorized Dealers, service providers, contractors and third parties (e.g., payment processors, shipping services, etc.);
- Indirectly from You. For example, the information from devices You use to access the Website; or information that is automatically collected about You by Us and Our authorized service providers, contractors and third parties as a result of Your use of Our Website, including digital tracking tools such as cookies and similar technology; and
- Information obtained by Third Parties. (e.g., Google Analytics, Strategic Audience Map (price tracking), Bank of the West, Bank of America, PNC Bank, Rooster Creatives, Alpha Omega Computers Consultants, Elavon). For example, as a result of the use of the Website and other websites.
- administer the Website and present the Website and its contents to the You, as well as to facilitate and improve Your experience on the Website;
- process Your registration and manage Your online account;
- process a warranty registration;
- personalize the Website for You;
- enable Your access to use the Website and its services;
- provide You with products, product information, and other information, as well as conduct transactions (including to facilitate purchases and returns);
- process payment;
- process, fulfill, and ship product or purchase requests;
- send You statements and invoices;
- for advertising, promotional and marketing communications, including direct mail and direct email, and process promotions, surveys, contests, giveaways, sweepstakes, and related prizes or incentives;
- provide You with product and service recommendations based Your interests;
- contact or communicate with You;
- address customer service issues;
- create analytic reports; and
- perform internal systems diagnostics, analysis, monitoring, debugging and troubleshooting.
In addition, Minka may disclose Your personal information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise, or defend its legal rights. We may also disclose Your personal information in connection with negotiations for or any actual sale, acquisition or transfer all or a portion of Our business or assets.
Please note that if You voluntarily submit any personal information for posting on Our Website or any other website (including without limitation any social media website), the information may become publicly available and can be accessed and used by Us and by others. Therefore, You should use care before posting any personal information online.
PERSONAL INFORMATION PROVIDED TO OTHER PARTIES WORKING WITH US
We partner with authorized Dealers, service providers and contractors as an essential part of
Our business operations, which allows Us to make the Website available, offer products and
services to You, process and deliver Your orders, and provide information and promotional
material about products that may be of interest to You.
Minka does not sell or share Your personal information in exchange for money.
(A) SERVICE PROVIDERS AND CONTRACTORS:
Minka employs authorized service providers and contractors to assist with Website operations,
online transactions, marketing, and analytics (such as for Website hosting, search engine
optimization, customer relationship management, advertising and marketing services, order
fulfillment and delivery services, cloud storage services and other third-party technology
services). Minka and these authorized parties collect personal information and non-personal
information, which may be provided to Minka or to these authorized service providers and
contractors, including Your interests and online behavior, and what You have liked and clicked.
Minka may also provide Your personal information to its authorized service providers and
contractors to facilitate processing and fulfilling and delivering Your order.
An authorized service provider or contractor receiving any of Your personal information from Minka is required to use and maintain that personal information only as authorized by Minka.
(B) THIRD PARTIES:
Minka may share Your personal information (see Collection And Use Of Personal Information section above) with certain authorized third parties that provide marketing and advertising services to Minka. These business partners use this information to provide You with electronic marketing and advertising communications that are tailored to Your individual interests, as described in more detail in the section “Third Party Marketing and Electronic Communications” below.
OTHER INFORMATION COLLECTED
- purchase interests and purchase history information;
- preferences information (including marketing and communication preferences);
- information from Your internet browser whenever You visit or use the Website (sometimes call “Log Data” or “Log Files”);
- device information and usage data;
- internet service provider;
- referring and exiting websites and pages;
- operating system;
- which pages You visit on Our Website; and
- the time and date of Your visit and use of the Website’s pages.
SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Except for certain specific personal information that may be collected in connection with an application by a Dealer for extension of credit by Minka, We do not collect, nor do We request or require that You provide any sensitive personal information (e.g., social security number, driver’s license number, state identification card, passport number, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious, philosophical, or other beliefs, information related to sex life or sexual orientation, health data, biometric or genetic characteristics, criminal convictions and offenses, trade union membership, or specific geolocation), and You should not send Us and should not disclose to Us any sensitive personal information on or through the Website or otherwise.
If You are an authorized Dealer and have submitted an application for credit through Minka, We may collect Your social security number and driver's license number for purposes of validating and processing Your credit application.
AGGREGATING AND COMBINING INFORMATION
At times, We may aggregate certain personal information and/or non-personal information in a manner that does not identify You to determine information about Our customers, including product trends, sales histories, and where Our customers are located. We may also combine personal information with non-personal information. If We do so, We will treat such combined information as personal information.
USING NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION
Because non-personal information does not identify You individually, We may collect, use, and disclose non-personal information for any lawful purpose in Our sole discretion.
COOKIES, BEACONS, AND OPTING OUT
Minka, its authorized service providers, and certain authorized third parties use digital tracking tools such as cookies and similar technology when You use the Website (e.g., cookies, web beacons and single-pixel GIF files). Cookies are small files that are transferred to Your device’s hard drive through Your internet browser that enables the Website’s or authorized service providers’ or third parties’ systems to recognize Your browser and capture and remember certain information. This helps Us to improve Your access to Our Website and Your Website experience, identify repeat visitors, help ensure the authenticity of registered users, provide the mechanism for online shopping, and enable Website traffic monitoring.
- identify users and visitors to the Website, including new visitors and returning customers;
- process and save Your preferences and projects for future visits;
- ensure You do not need to login multiple times through user identification tracking;
- compile analytics, statistics and reports on Our Website and web traffic activity;
- track and target Your interests to enhance Your experience on Our Website, including searches and web traffic adjacent to activity on the Website;
- offer products and advertising that may be aligned with Your interests; and
- provide other services related to the Website.
MANAGE COOKIE PREFERENCES
ELECTRONIC MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
If You receive promotional materials or newsletters from Us (i.e., through Constant Contact), You may unsubscribe from these communications at any time by following the instructions contained in the emails You receive, updating your preferences in your account profile, by contacting Us at (800) 221-7977, or using the webform in the “Contact Us” section of the Website. Note, however, that even if You opt-out of receiving direct marketing messages, We may still contact You about a purchase or order or in connection with other customer service activities.
DO NOT TRACK INFORMATION
Some browsers have a “Do Not Track” feature that lets You tell websites that You do not want to have Your online activities tracked. There is currently no uniform browser signal for this feature and no industry standard on how to respond to these signals. Therefore enabling/disabling the Do Not Track feature in Your browser does not ensure that all websites You visit will respond to the request.
Minka does not recognize or respond to Do Not Track signals at this time. We will reassess Our approach to responding to Do Not Track signals once an industry standard is established.
CONSUMERS’ RIGHTS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION - CALIFORNIA
- Right to Correct: You have the right to request that We correct inaccuracies in your personal information.
- Right to Delete: You have the right to request that We delete personal information that We have collected from or obtained about You (subject to certain exceptions).
- Right to Know About Sale or Sharing: You have the right to request that We disclose to You what personal information We collect, use, sell or share with third parties, including the right to request that We provide to You the categories and specific pieces of personal information We have collected and sold or shared about You (typically for the 12-month period preceding Your request);
- Right to Opt-out of Sale of Personal Information: You may request that We stop sharing data in a way that is considered a “sale.”
- Right to Opt-out of Sharing of Personal Information: You may request that We stop disclosures of your personal information to a third party for cross-context behavioral advertising (i.e., targeted advertising)
- Right to Non-Discrimination: You have the right not to be discriminated against because You exercised any of these rights.
To exercise any of these rights (other than non-discrimination), You My contact Us by email at DataPrivacy@minkagroup.net or call (833) 865-0355. You may also designate an authorized agent to complete a DSAR request on Your behalf. If You use an authorized agent to submit a request, We will not act on that request unless We are able to authenticate, with commercially reasonable effort, both your identity and the authorized agent’s authority to act on your behalf.
Once You submit a completed DSAR request, the consumer is sent an email that requires clicking on a link to verify the email address. This two factor validation helps protect against fraudulent submissions. Please note that a DSAR request is not processed until You have authenticated Your request by verifying the email address submitted.
There may be certain circumstances when We may not completely fulfill Your request, as permitted under the applicable California statute and regulations. For example, in connection with a Request to Delete, We may need to retain certain information to complete a transaction, detect fraud, or comply with a legal obligation.
With limited exceptions, You may only make a verifiable consumer Request to Know your personal information twice within a 12-month period.
If you would like to opt-out of the sale or sharing of Your personal information by Minka with third parties, You can click on the link entitled Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information or You may contact Us by email at DataPrivacy@minkagroup.net or call (833) 865-0355. The processed opt-out preference will be implemented by Minka for the specific consumer account You have identified in the DSAR request.
INTENDED WEBSITE AUDIENCE AND NOTICE REGARDING CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
We do not knowingly collect or store any personal information from children under the age of 18, and We request that minors do not provide any personal information to Us through the Website. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child under 18 has provided Us with information without his or her consent, he or she should contact Us as set forth in the “Contact Us” section below.
VISITORS FROM OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES—CROSS-BORDER TRANSFER
The Website is hosted in the United States and is intended for use only by individuals who are 18 years or older. If You are visiting the Website from outside the United States, all Your information will be transferred to, used, stored and processed in the United States or other countries. Similarly, if You reside outside the United States and provide any information (e.g., personal information or non-personal information) to a Dealer or another individual or entity authorized to act on behalf of Minka, Your information will be transferred to, used, stored and processed in the United States or other countries.
The data protection and other applicable laws of the Unites States may not be as comprehensive as those laws or regulations in other countries or may otherwise differ from the data protection or consumer protection laws in other countries.
The security of Your personal information is very important to Us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to Us, and that We collect, both during transmission and once We receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your personal information, We cannot guarantee the absolute security of the personal information provided by You or collected by Us through use of the Website.
RETENTION AND STORAGE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We store all categories of the personal information that We collect (see Collection And Use Of Personal Information” section above) for as long as You have an account with Us or the period of time necessary for the Our business purposes, or as required by or permitted by applicable law.
To exercise any rights in Your personal information, please contact Us by email at DataPrivacy@minkagroup.net or call (833) 865-0355.